Monday, October 19, 2009

Pleasantly Surprised...

While researching and talking to people about homeschooling, I had heard many times how parents loved the fact that homeschooling allowed them to grow closer to their children.

Hearing and reading this, I was a little skeptical, mostly because it seemed to me that I would get frustrated with my children the more time I had to spend with them in a day. So the thought of having to 'raise' as well as 'educate' my children, was not something that I thought was conducive to gaining a stronger relationship with them. In fact, I half expected there to be resentment from me and Kendyl towards each other because of all the time we would be spending together.

Well... I am pleasantly surprised that this has not been the case! I am now joining the ranks of those that claim 'homeschooling my child has brought us closer together'! Mind you, we have only been doing this for about 6 weeks... however, I honestly feel so much closer to Kendyl and she is acting so much more loving and obedient toward me. I'm amazed! I understand her more deeply. I know how to help her through frustrating things. She is reaching out to me more for physical attention (she was never much of a hugger--but even David has noticed how much more she wants to hug us lately!) :)

Not to mention that her relationship with Aden is growing daily as well! They are even more loving to each other than before! :)
Love it!!! <3

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that the BEST?????? I'm so happy it's happening for you, too!!!!!!! God is good!!!

    ReplyDelete