Thursday, October 8, 2009

Party Math! :)

(this is for you, Stephanie, aka Sazzle!)....


Today during math, we were doing Kendyl's practice sheet after her lesson... one of the story problems went like this...


There were 4 ants on the table. Then 3 more ants climbed onto the table. Draw a picture to show what happened. Write the number of ants that are now on the table.


Kendyl proceeds to draw a table with 4 girls on top of it, then 3 more girls. She writes the number 7 and let's me know she's finished. I asked her if she had listened to the story problem and she said, "yes, I drew 4 aunts on the table, then 3 more aunts."


I smiled and asked her if she could think of another kind of 'ant'... she said, 'yeah, the bugs'. I asked her why the 'Aunts' that she drew were on the table... she said, "They're having a party!" :)


Sounds like Aunt Steph's type of party!! :) LOL! It was the highlight of my day! :)

5 comments:

  1. Kendyl is the most amazing little girl ever! Made my day!!! She knows which AUNTS are the important ones - forget those bugs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I was just like...man, what kind of parties does this kid's mom let her go to!?... oh wait, i'm her mom!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute story. Aunts are more important...especially Aunt Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed...but, I don't really have parties on tables...I would fall in my heels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I'd like to go to one of Steph's parties!

    ReplyDelete