Monday, September 7, 2009

Our Little Man...


Aden Douglas Dahlstrom:


Where to even begin with this little ball of goofiness?! Let's start at the begining... Aden was a colicky, difficult baby (most of the people reading this probably already know that). I had a difficult time with him... looking back I think I may have had some PPD or at least severe baby blues. Whatever the case, he CRIED and CRIED all the time until he was about 8 months! It was if he woke up one day and thought, 'hey, I guess life isn't so bad...maybe I don't need to cry all the time?!'... then he was great. He is cuddly and sweet and loving and extremely compassionate! He is always willing to lend a hand or help a friend if they get hurt! He loves hugs and kisses and closeness. He is not extremely outgoing, but is friendly. He takes a time or two to get to know someone before he talks much or interacts much with them... BUT, once he does, watch out!

This boy can talk your ear off! He is a MAJOR GOOF Ball, like his Dad! Everything is a joke to him... It drives me crazy sometimes...but it is also one of the things I love the best about him! He is a show-off when it comes to cute little girls (namely, Anyssa Smalligan)! :) He will do anything for a laugh! In fact, tonight, he began eating grass at our cookout and calling himself a cow, just to get Anyssa to laugh! Oh my word, his teenage years could be SCARY!!!

Aden learns so much differently than Kendyl, which gave me so much anxiety in the first 2 years of his life! I seriously thought there could be something 'wrong' with him. It seemed like whenever I tried to 'teach' him something, he didn't even pay attention or hear me... He only said a hand-full of words by 20 months... then, at about 22 months, he seriously woke up one morning, speaking sentences! Seriously. That is how he does EVERYTHING. Learning his colors...took months before he would even attempt to name one... then, found some of my thread spools and stacked them up into a tower as he said every single color correctly! what the word?! This is how he learned is ABC's, getting dressed, potty training and pretty much everything else! He refused to try anything until he had watched it enough that he felt he could do it perfectly...then when he finally tried it, he was EXCELLENT at it!! It is a challenge to teach this boy of mine...but I LOVE challenges...so BRING IT! :)

Some of Aden's Loves: Mommy, Daddy & Kendyl...probably his favorite word is 'family' (so much like his daddy!) he just loves closeness and tight relationships! Hugs-he's a cuddler! The Color BLUE! (it must be blue--everything!) Dancing/Singing--the boy actually has great rhythm and can keep a beat (he did NOT get this from his daddy--yea! something from me!) Diego--has been an obsession of his for a couple years now!! Caliou--fairly new obsession (one I don't completley enjoy--but he does) Helping Daddy (or anyone) with anything! Stuffed animals and 'guys'--he's always got at least 2 action figures (diego, spiderman, etc.) and/or 2 stuffed animals (his frog & tiger are his faves).

Aden is just 3 years old...next year we plan to send him to the Fremont Christian Preschool (where Kendyl went last year)... this year, we are just playing games with him, working on his letters, numbers, shapes, etc. and 'helping' daddy in the garage :)

I love this little goof ball to pieces! He's so kissable, I could just cuddle and kiss him all day!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. "Aunt Steph - this is my dino hat. I made it. It has a dino on it. I love dinosaurs" - Love my Aden-pants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome, steph! :)

    heather...remember when YOU were aden's girlfriend and not Anyssa?! :)

    ReplyDelete